Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Order Blood Test Online
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Blood Test Online
The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel you can order online with us is often referred to as a CMP, Chem Screen, or Chem-14. It is one of the most frequently ordered blood test panels by physicians. Here, though, you can "self-order" it online.
Your doctor might order a CMP test as part of a regular health examination and use it to check on a medical condition, such as high blood pressure, or to help diagnose a medical condition, such as diabetes. If you or your healthcare provider are concerned that you are suffering from liver or kidney disease, the CMP blood test is a great place to get quick, reliable results.
CMP blood testing is pre-approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) for self-ordering by the adult (18+) general public, meaning a doctor’s prior permission or prescription is NOT necessary. Our own "online" M.D. will write your prescription- also online!
If you would like to order a CMP for yourself, do so online here, and if you have any questions or comments about the CMP test, please don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more.
What is a CMP Lab Test?
The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel is a comprehensive check of your body’s metabolism which is the way your body processes food and energy. It does this by measuring the elements found in your blood.
A CMP is a blood test that measures your:
- Sugar level
- Electrolyte and fluid balance
- Kidney function
- Liver function
This panel also measures the blood levels of:
- Electrolytes- minerals found in blood and body tissues. Electrolytes help move nutrients into the body's cells and remove wastes out of the cells. They assist in maintaining a healthy water balance and stabilizing the body's acid-base (pH) level. They are made up of these four minerals: sodium, potassium, carbon dioxide, and chloride.
- Sodium- an electrolyte that is important to the normal body, muscle, and nerve function.
- Potassium- an electrolyte that is critical to muscle function and cell metabolism.
- Calcium- one of the most important minerals in the body, necessary for the proper functioning of muscles, nerves, and the heart and is required in blood clotting and in the formation of bones.
- Chloride- an electrolyte that helps to regulate the amount of fluid in the body and maintain the acid-base balance.
- Carbon dioxide or bicarbonate (total CO2) - an electrolyte that helps maintain the body's acid-base pH.
- Glucose- the primary energy source for the body's cells, a steady supply must be available for use, and a relatively stable level of glucose must be maintained in the blood. Often called blood sugar.
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)- waste product filtered out of the blood by the kidney, as kidney function decreases, the BUN level increases.
- Creatinine- waste product in the muscles, it is filtered out of the blood by the kidneys so blood levels are a good indication of how well the kidneys are working.
- Total protein- measures albumin as well as all other proteins in the blood, proteins are important building blocks of all cells and tissues and are essential for body growth, development, and health.
- Albumin- a small protein made by the liver, it makes up about 60% of the total protein in the blood.
- Total bilirubin- a waste product primarily produced by the normal breakdown of heme, a component of hemoglobin, found in red blood cells. Bilirubin is ultimately processed by the liver so that it can be removed from the body.
- Alkaline phosphatase- an enzyme found in bone, the liver, and other tissues.
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT, SGPT)- an enzyme found mostly in the cells of the liver and kidney, a beneficial test for detecting liver damage.
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST, SGOT)- an enzyme found especially in cells in the heart and liver, another beneficial test for finding damage to the liver.
- Globulin- made in your liver, this protein helps the immune system fight infections. When too low, it may mean you have liver damage or other serious conditions.
If you are experiencing unusual levels of any of these elements, it may mean that you have a serious health condition, taking this test will provide crucial data regarding your health.
Administering the CMP test is quick and easy, and relatively painless, with little to no risk. Some users have experienced bruising where the needle is inserted, but any discomfort quickly subsides in most cases.
The cost of our CMP blood test is only $28.99 plus blood draw and you will receive your results confidentially online within a couple of days of our receiving your blood sample.
Note: For a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) blood test to provide accurate results, it’s important to FAST 10-12 HOURS before your blood draw due to the included glucose test. Please click the Online Ordering Page tab below to begin the ordering process.
Blood Test Draw Centers Near Me
Blood Test Menu / Info / Prices / Ordering Page
"Helping you monitor your blood health online for less cost since 2001."
We are Health-Tests-Direct.com
Thank you for visiting us today!